I miss Oprah’s show were she gave away all those cool things at Christmas. How awesome would it have been to win some of that stuff? Of course, the flip side was you had to pay the taxes on all that stuff, (probably before you walked out of the studio, not that I know this), and taxes are gigantic mood killer. Just saying.
Recently, I was at a book signing event, Enrichment Through Literature, with five other authors and we were each asked to speak about our favorite books. Basically, the ones that made a difference or shaped our writing lives in some way. I included Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White in my list. Charlotte’s Web was my introduction to talking animals that were main characters. Talk about cool stuff!
I read that book for the first time in the fourth grade. I loved it so much I carried it around everywhere with me. That was right around the time my parents split up. It must’ve been my comfort blanket. One day, the book went missing. I searched in every corner, closet, under the sofa, and couldn’t find it. None of the adults still living in my house, (Italian family equals grandparents live with you) knew where it was. I never found that copy. I often thought little elves came into my room at night, that explained the mess my mother yelled about, and ran off with it. Or maybe it was talking spiders.
The blog was nominated for the Sunshine Award. I’m not entirely sure what the Sunshine Award is, but anything with the word Sunshine in the title can’t be all bad. Plus, I think it’s an attempt to get others to find your blog out there in the gigantic blog world and I can use all the help I can get. And not just with the blog. Ba da ump bump.
In order to accept this nomination, I must link back to the person who nominated me. A big thank you to Karen Lynne Klink. (I guess she finds the rantings of an Italian writing mom pleasant. Thank God!) Nominate other bloggers, which I’ll do below and list 10 things about myself. I promise to try and make things interesting.
1. Book Two, Welcome to Bibliotheca, in the Gabriel Hunter series is now available. Yeah!
2. There’s a book launch party at Cocco’s Café, 52 Main Street, Flemington, NJ on Friday, May 16th, 6:30pm.
3. I’m always cold, which is why Summer is my favorite season.
4. I drink green tea all day. (To stay warm.) Tea is my favorite drink, hot or cold.
5. My favorite jeans are from White House Black Market.
6. I have two ear piercings in my left earlobe. My left earlobe is my favorite.
7. My favorite picture of me is the one taken with a rock and roll band.
8. My favorite color is red.
9. I can drive a stick. Which isn’t my favorite thing to do, but driving a stick makes me cool for a girl.
10. My favorite place to be, besides a warm climate, is home.
There. How’s that? So, faithful reader, what are some of your favorite things?
Nominees for the sunshine award:
I only nominated five because that’s all I read.